Birmingham, Ala., Jan. 07, 2019 – Burr & Forman LLP announces the election of 13 attorneys to partnership, effective January 1. The new partners include Atlanta attorney Louis Fiorilla; Birmingham attorneys Rachel Friedman, Carlton Hilson, Travis Ramey and Kristen Watson; Fort Lauderdale attorney Jonathan Brown; Mobile attorneys Matt Griffith and Taylor Johnson; Nashville attorneys Lindsey Arnold and Patrick Warfield; Orlando attorneys Jonathan Sykes and Chris Thompson; and Tampa attorney Laura Tanner.
“With the start of the new year, we are excited to introduce another strong group to partnership,” said Ed Christian, chief executive officer at Burr & Forman. “These individuals have demonstrated leadership and dedication to their work and to the entire firm, and we are confident for the future as they adopt this new role as partner.”
From Burr & Forman’s Atlanta office:
- Louis Fiorilla is a member of the Financial Services and Commercial Litigation practice groups, where he represents large and small businesses in complex litigation in both trial and appellate courts.
From Burr & Forman’s Birmingham office:
- Rachel Friedman is a member of the Financial Services Litigation practice group, where she specializes in defending financial institutions from alleged violations of state and federal consumer protection laws at both the trial and appellate levels.
- Carlton Hilson is a member of the Labor & Employment Law practice group, where he represents management and employers with respect to any and all labor and employment matters arising out of the workplace.
- Travis Ramey is a member of the Commercial Litigation practice group and focuses his practice on litigating in state and federal appellate courts. He represents clients in the public sector as well as from a broad range of private-sector industries, including manufacturing, financial institutions, healthcare, insurance, and real estate.
- Kristen Watson is a member of the Financial Services practice group with a focus on financial institutions. Kristen represents banks, auto finance companies, debt buyers and mortgage lenders in consumer lawsuits involving state and federal laws.
From Burr & Forman’s Fort Lauderdale office:
- Jonathan Brown is a member of the Financial Services and Commercial Litigation practice groups, where he works on behalf of banks, real estate developers, investment trusts, landlords, tenants, title insurance companies and local businesses in commercial disputes.
From Burr & Forman’s Mobile office:
- Matt Griffith is a member of the Construction and Project Development practice group and represents clients in high-stakes commercial litigation. While devoting a significant portion of his practice to representing contractors and design professionals in construction cases, he regularly counsels businesses and litigates complex commercial disputes in both state and federal court.
- Taylor Johnson is in the Commercial Litigation practice group and focuses her practice on complex business and insurance litigation, and financial services litigation. She has extensive experience successfully representing businesses and individuals at all stages of litigation in both federal and state courts.
From Burr & Forman’s Nashville office:
- Lindsey Arnold is a member of the Lending practice group, representing financial institutions, private equity groups, specialty lenders and borrowers in a variety of industries, including health care, manufacturing, retail, construction, technology, hospitality, education and logistics.
- Patrick Warfield is a member of the Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy practice group, where he focuses on complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy, out-of-court workouts, landlord-tenant disputes, creditors’ rights matters and other related insolvency issues.
From Burr & Forman’s Orlando office:
- Jonathan Sykes is a member of the Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy and Financial Services Litigation practice groups, where he represents financial institutions and creditors in a wide variety of bankruptcy and litigation matters, including adversary proceedings and contested matters in bankruptcy, avoidance actions, mortgage foreclosure litigation, financial services litigation, debt collection and post-judgment litigation.
- Chris Thompson is a litigator in the Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy practice group. His practice is focused on representing creditors and debtors in bankruptcy proceedings and in state and federal court litigation.
From Burr & Forman’s Tampa office:
- Laura Tanner is a member of the Consumer Finance Litigation & Compliance service group where she represents clients in consumer disputes ranging from state common law claims to claims for alleged violations of state and federal statutes.
For more than a century, Burr & Forman LLP’s experienced legal team has served clients at the intersection of business and government with local, national, and international interests in numerous industry and practice areas, ranging from commercial litigation and class actions to corporate transactions, including bankruptcy and restructurings. A Southeast regional firm with 360 attorneys and 19 offices in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, Burr & Forman attorneys draw from a diverse range of resources to help clients achieve their goals and address their complex legal needs. The firm operates as Burr Forman McNair in North Carolina and South Carolina. For more information, visit the firm’s website at www.burr.com.