Thirty-eight Burr & Forman LLP attorneys have been ranked as leading practitioners in 12 different practice areas in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA, a highly regarded directory featuring client-led intelligence on America’s leading lawyers for business.
This number represents 16 percent of all attorneys at Burr & Forman, and includes 5 attorneys with first appearances on the list.
In addition, the firm’s Birmingham office received top rankings in the following practice areas: Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/Commercial, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, and Litigation: General Commercial.
The Atlanta office received top rankings in Banking & Finance and Bankruptcy/Restructuring.
“Providing added value to our clients is our number one priority. We thank them for recognizing our services and attorneys through the Chambers rankings,” said W. Lee Thuston, managing partner of Burr & Forman LLP.
The Burr & Forman attorneys named to the Chambers USA 2012, along with the practice areas in which they were selected, are listed below by office.
- D. Christopher Carson, Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- C. Paul Cavender, Litigation: General Commercial
- Edward R. Christian, Corporate / Commercial
- John J. Coleman III, Labor & Employment
- John De Buys Jr., Real Estate: Zoning / Land Use
- Marcel L. Debruge, Labor & Employment
- Michael L. Hall, Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- J. Fredric Ingram, Labor & Employment
- Joe A. Joseph, Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- Michael L. Lucas, Labor & Employment
- Derek F. Meek, Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- Gail L. Mills, Banking & Finance; Real Estate
- Dwight L. Mixson, Banking & Finance; Real Estate
- J. Fred Powell, Real Estate
- Gene T. Price, Corporate / Commercial
- Joel A. Price, Jr., Banking & Finance
- Robert B. Rubin, Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Jack P. Stephenson, Corporate / Commercial
- Carol H. Stewart, Real Estate
- George M. Taylor III, Banking & Finance; Corporate / Commercial
- W. Lee Thuston, Corporate / Commercial
- Rik S. Tozzi, Litigation: General Commercial
About Chambers USA Chambers & Partners publishes Chambers USA, a guide to law firms and lawyers across the country. Every year Chambers & Partners carries out thousands of in-depth interviews with clients in order to assess the reputations and expertise of business lawyers. Top firms and top attorneys are ranked and their merits described – usually in the words of their clients that are interviewed by the Chamber’s research staff. It is the weight of client-interviews that gives Chambers & Partners’ guides their highly valued credibility and reliability. For more information, visit chambersandpartners.com
No representation is made that the quality of services to be performed is greater
than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.