Denise D. Dell-Powell is a partner in the firm's Orlando's office where she practices in the firm's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group. Denise has more than 22 years' experience in bankruptcy and creditors' rights, distressed property, dealer distribution and inventory finance litigation, including CMBS foreclosures, workouts and bankruptcy matters.
In addition to a focus on banking and financial institutions, her career also includes extensive counsel to the hospitality, restaurant and citrus industries. In her commercial litigation practice, Denise has represented parties in federal and state court and has experience trying both jury and non-jury trials. Her litigation practice involves representing clients in real estate, mortgage foreclosure, receiverships, lender liability, commercial evictions, partnership disputes and other real estate based litigation. Denise served on the firm’s Executive Committee for nearly five years and currently serves on the firm’s Strategic Growth Committee.
She is one of only 900 Fellows nationwide to be elected to the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy. Election to the organization is by one’s peers and is based on demonstrating the highest level of character, integrity, professional expertise and leadership.
Denise has been a frequent lecturer, presenter and author on bankruptcy, restructuring and related issues. She has presented at conferences and seminars sponsored by the American Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, Trigild, The Florida Bar, The Bankruptcy / UCC Section of The Florida Bar, the Florida Bankers Association, the Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, the Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association and Lorman Education Series.
In addition to her professional organizations, Denise’s involvement in the Orlando community includes serving as Past Chair for the March of Dimes and as a board member for One Heart for Women and Children.
Denise has authored or co-authored the following conference and seminar materials:
- How to Deal with Secured Assets Beyond Real Property with Jim Cockran, Randy Huke, Timothy Dick and Bert Haboucha, for the Annual Trigild Lender Conference, 2010).
- Workouts on Commercial Property, for The Fund Assembly 2010.
- Understanding the Banker’s Mindset, with Kristina Anderson, Rob Whitmire and Williams Runge, American Bankruptcy Institute, 15th Annual Southeastern Bankruptcy Workshop, 2010.
- Anatomy of a Workout, with Elena Ketchum and Donald Kirk, for The Florida Bar Bankruptcy/UCC Committee, 2012.
- Ponzi Schemes in Bankruptcy, with Michael Goldberg, Soneet Kapila and Roy Kobert, for the Central Florida Bankruptcy Association’s 2012 Annual Bankruptcy Seminar.