Matt is a partner in the firm's health care section. He provides counsel to a broad range of health care industry clients, including hospitals and health systems, physician practices, drug and alcohol treatment centers, diagnostic centers, pharmacies, and surgery centers, as well as to product manufacturers and suppliers and other business entities. Matt is Certified in Healthcare Compliance by the Compliance Certification Board, an arm of the Health Care Compliance Association.
Matt’s experience includes representation relating to regulatory, compliance, and operational issues, contract review and negotiation, facility and licensure matters, government investigations, health care disputes, certificate of need applications and appeals, complex litigation and administrative actions, fraud and abuse, telemedicine and telehealth, cybersecurity, non-competes and trade secrets, and general advice on various federal and state laws directly impacting the health care industry.
Matt is active with the Nashville Health Care Council, Leadership Health Care, the Nashville Medical Group Management Association, the Health Care Compliance Association, and the American Health Lawyers Association. In addition, he has previously served on the Executive Committee of the Nashville Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, the Belmont Law School American Inns of Court, the Junior Board of the American Cancer Society of Nashville, and as Vice President for the Phoenix Club of Nashville, a fundraising partner with the Boys and Girls Club of Middle Tennessee.
- The Health Lawyer: The Causation Trend in Anti-Kickback False Claim Cases
- Nashville Medical News: PRRB Announces Significant Chances to Medicare Appeal Rules
- Nashville Medical News: The Opioid Crisis – Where Do We Go From Here?
- Nashville Medical News: DOJ Formalizes New Approach to Frivolous Qui Tam Actions (Also published in Birmingham Medical News)
- Nashville Medical News: DOJ Signals New Approach to Frivolous Qui Tam Actions (Also published in Birmingham Medical News)
- Nashville Medical News: Tennessee Joins Medical Licensing Compact
- Nashville Business Journal: Why Health Care Companies Have to Combat Cybersecurity Threats
- Nashville Medical News: Updated Con Law Now in Effect
- Health System Management: Effects of Tennessee’s Revised Healthcare Laws
- Nashville Business Journal: Tennessee Reforms Certificate of Need Program: Here’s What Changed
- Wrongful Foreclosure: Acting Offensively May Short-Circuit the Need for a Defense
- Tennessee Health Services Newsletter Archive