Our bankruptcy team at Burr & Forman has a strong history of being involved in major bankruptcy proceedings in the Southeast and on the national level. Our team represents clients in the manufacturing, real estate, health care providers (including hospitals and nursing homes), agriculture, retail, education, and construction industries.
Burr & Forman’s practice originated with an emphasis on representing major secured lenders in Chapter 11 bankruptcies but has evolved far past its initial role to include representation of business debtors as well. We represent official creditors’ committees, bank debt and ad hoc creditor groups, secured lenders, equity holders, derivative and swap counterparties, and other creditors in out-of-court reorganizations, debt restructurings, enforcement processes, liability management strategies, and bankruptcy proceedings.
We assist clients in matters related to bankruptcy litigation including:
- Acquiring companies through Chapter 11
- Real estate loans & commercial leases
- Breach of fiduciary duty & other D&O claims
- Chapter 11 process (drafting & confirming creditors’ and debtors’ Chapter 11 plans)
- Debtor-in-possession financing, use of cash collateral, adequate protection, & relief from automatic stay