“While our accomplishments are notable, they would be nonexistent without our clients and the trust they bestow upon us year after year,” said W. Lee Thuston, firm managing partner.
- The firm’s reach has expanded across its six Southeastern offices with more than 27 additional attorneys including: E. Erich Bergdolt, Counsel; James M. McCarten, Partner; Christopher Meyer, Associate; Marion A. Quina, Jr., Counsel; Jason Beckham (Wodogaza), Associate; and Michael Lasky, Of Counsel; as well as 19 new associates in multiple practice areas.
- Following the firm’s growth in the Southeast, Burr strengthened its client service capabilities in Orlando by unifying the firm’s Winter Park and downtown Orlando offices.
- Among the accolades Burr & Forman received during 2011, the most recent – The BTI Client Service A-Team 2012 List – parallels with Burr’s forward momentum for the new year. Burr announced in December 2011 that it had earned a place on this prestigious national list. The distinction is reserved for law firms whose clients recognize them – by name and without prompting – as an unparalleled leader in client service.
- Burr & Forman was again named by the ALM to the 2011 “AmLaw 200” as one of the nation’s top 200 law firms.
- Burr & Forman was also selected again as a “2011 Go-To Law Firm for Litigation” as well as a “2011 Go-To Law Firm for Financial Services Companies” by American Lawyer Media.
- Burr & Forman was recognized as one of the top nationally ranked law firms in the United States, as determined by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- 36 Burr & Forman attorneys were ranked as leading practitioners in 10 different practice areas by Chambers USA. In addition, the firm was ranked #1 in four practice areas researched in the state of Alabama.
- 51 Burr & Forman attorneys were named to Alabama, Mid-South, Florida and Georgia Super Lawyers.
- 76 Burr & Forman attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012 (Copyright 2011 by Woodward White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.). First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. Nearly 30 percent of partners in the firm were listed for 2011.
- Best Lawyers named Orlando Partner, Denise D. Dell-Powell and Birmingham Partner, Michael L. Hall, “Litigation – Bankruptcy Lawyers of the Year” for 2012. Best Lawyers named Howard E. Bogard, Michael L. Hall, D.J. Simonetti and Jack P. Stephenson, Jr. Birmingham “Lawyers of the Year” for 2011 in Health Care, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights, Employee Benefits, and Securities, respectively.
- Four Birmingham attorneys were named to the 2011 “LawDragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America”.
- Birmingham Business Journal named the firm one of the “Healthiest Employers in Birmingham” in the 100-499 employees category. The firm was also ranked sixth overall. The Nashville and Atlanta office have also received this recognition by their cities respective business journals.
- For the fifth year in a row, the Birmingham office was named as one of the “Best Places to Work” in Birmingham by the Birmingham Business Journal holding the number one place for three years in a row.
Attorney Leadership and Commitment to Community:
The firm is proud to recognize the achievements of the attorneys who continue to pursue professional and community leadership roles outside of the practice. Of the 250 firm-wide attorneys, 140 have some type of professional or community leadership role. A few of the organizations served include the American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS), American Board of Trial Advocates, Turnaround Management Association, American College of Mortgage Attorneys, numerous state and industry law associations, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Birmingham Sunrise Rotary Club, and Special Equestrians.
About Burr & Forman LLP
For over a century, Burr & Forman LLP’s experienced legal team has served clients with local, national, and international interests in numerous industry and practice areas, ranging from commercial litigation and class actions to corporate transactions, including bankruptcy and restructurings. A Southeast regional firm with nearly 250 attorneys and offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee, Burr & Forman attorneys draw from a diverse range of resources to help clients achieve their goals and address their complex legal needs. For more information, visit the firm’s website at www.burr.com.