Adam is an Associate in the Financial Services Litigation practice group. His practice focuses on creditors' rights and consumer litigation claims, including mortgage foreclosure litigation and defending creditor interests in claims arising under the FDCPA, FCCPA, TCPA, and FCRA.
In addition to his litigation and transactional work, Adam represents clients in appellate cases regarding a range of issues involving creditor rights and property rights. Adam has appeared in over 50 appeals in Federal courts and every District Court in Florida. In the course of his representation, Adam briefed and argued the vast majority of those cases resulting in numerous published decisions in favor of his clients.
Adam also represents parties to real estate issues including title insurance claims, boundary disputes, commercial lease transactions, escrow disputes, and other real estate litigation and transactional matters.
Adam was the prior owner of a successful local title company and is a licensed title insurance agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company and the Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund.
While attending Georgia State University College of Law, Adam served as the lead articles editor.
- U.S. Bank, as Trustee, v. Ana Gonzalez, __ So. 3d __, 2018 WL 2028866 (Fla. 2d DCA May 2, 2018) (reversing entry of judgment in favor of borrower based on statute of limitations)
- Muhtar v. Wilmington Savings Fund Society, FSB, 239 So. 3d 775 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018) (reversing judgment in favor of lender but commending Adam J. Knight and Jacqueline Simms-Petredis for professionalism on conceding error)
- PHH Mortgage Corporation v. Parish, __ So. 3d __, 2018 WL 560538 (Fla. 2d DCA Jan. 26, 2018) (reversing final judgment in favor of borrowers based on statute of of limitations)
- AGM Investors, LLC v. Business Law Group, P.A., 219 So. 3d 920 (Fla. 2d DCA 2017) (reversing judgment in favor of law firm that claimed litigation privilege relating to filing of illegitimate claims of lien)
- Cricket Properties, LLC v. Nassau Pointe at Heritage Isles Homeowners Association, Inc., 124 So. 3d 302 (Fla. 2d DCA) (seminal opinion determining that issuance of tax deed eliminated tax deed purchaser’s liability for HOA assessments pre-dating issuance of tax deed)