- Posts by Benjamin B. CoulterPartner
Ben Coulter is a Partner at Burr & Forman LLP practicing in the General Commercial Litigation Group.
His practice primarily involves the defense of banks, credit unions, brokers, and other financial institutions in securities ...
The regulation of virtual currencies, or cryptocurrencies, is evolving. In an important new decision from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the Court held, among other things, that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) may regulate virtual currencies pursuant to the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA).
In McDonnell, the CFTC brought suit against Patrick McDonnell and CabbageTech, Corp. d/b/a Coin Drop Markets, alleging that the Defendants operated a deceptive and fraudulent scheme and misappropriated investor funds after ...
- China Bans Crypto Currencies and Related Services
- DTCC Proposes Path to T+1 Settlement Cycle in Two Years
- CFTC Final Guidance on "Actual Delivery" CEA Exemption for Cryptocurrency
- Paxos Starts Blockchain Settlement of US Equities
- Social Media Crypto “Influencer” Not Above the Law
- Proposed SEC Rule 195 Token Incubation Safe-Harbor
- Renegade Pandas, Competitive Regulation and a Token Safe-Harbor?
- POQ No-Action Letter: DLT “Arcade Tokens” Aren’t Securities
- IRS Sends Out 10,000 Cryptocurrency Tax Letters
- State Law Fintech Roundup