According to an initial registration statement published on January 10, the cryptocurrency index fund provider Bitwise Asset Management has applied with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") to form a new bitcoin-backed exchange-traded fund ("ETF"). The Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Trust seeks approval to issue and redeem shares that trade on the NYSE Arca, Inc. stock exchange in blocks of 25,000 shares. If approved, the Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Trust will be the first of its kind.
Bitwise Asset Management's SEC Form S-1 states that the Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Trust will track the ...
- China Bans Crypto Currencies and Related Services
- DTCC Proposes Path to T+1 Settlement Cycle in Two Years
- CFTC Final Guidance on "Actual Delivery" CEA Exemption for Cryptocurrency
- Paxos Starts Blockchain Settlement of US Equities
- Social Media Crypto “Influencer” Not Above the Law
- Proposed SEC Rule 195 Token Incubation Safe-Harbor
- Renegade Pandas, Competitive Regulation and a Token Safe-Harbor?
- POQ No-Action Letter: DLT “Arcade Tokens” Aren’t Securities
- IRS Sends Out 10,000 Cryptocurrency Tax Letters
- State Law Fintech Roundup