UBS is leading a team of banks developing a blockchain-based system to enable financial markets to rapidly settle transactions and make payments. On August 31, 2017, UBS announced that six additional banks have joined the group developing the system, which is set to launch in late 2018. The banks are collaborating to use blockchain technology to increase speed and efficiency in business transactions. To do so, UBS has developed a "Utility Settlement Coin" ("USC"), a digital cash equivalent of each of the major currencies backed by central banks, rather than a decentralized new ...
- China Bans Crypto Currencies and Related Services
- DTCC Proposes Path to T+1 Settlement Cycle in Two Years
- CFTC Final Guidance on "Actual Delivery" CEA Exemption for Cryptocurrency
- Paxos Starts Blockchain Settlement of US Equities
- Social Media Crypto “Influencer” Not Above the Law
- Proposed SEC Rule 195 Token Incubation Safe-Harbor
- Renegade Pandas, Competitive Regulation and a Token Safe-Harbor?
- POQ No-Action Letter: DLT “Arcade Tokens” Aren’t Securities
- IRS Sends Out 10,000 Cryptocurrency Tax Letters
- State Law Fintech Roundup