Our labor & employment team is capable of handling any employment litigation matter. We defend employers from a variety of industries in matters ranging from individual claims to the most complex class and collective actions involving dozens to thousands of employees.
We handle litigation matters related to:
- Collective bargaining agreement under Sec. 301 & hybrid claims
- Discrimination (age, disability, gender, and race)
- Employment & labor arbitrations
- Employment-related torts
- Employment class actions & collective actions
- Hostile work environment & harassment
- LMRA Sec. 303 claims
- Non-competition agreements & trade secrets
- OSHA citation & warrant-based litigation
- Partnership agreements
- Restraining orders
- Strike injunctions
- Unfair labor practice & representation litigation
- Wage & hour
- Workers' compensation
- Wildcat strike damage claims
Example of how we defend our clients in some of these areas:
Class, Collective, & Multi-Party Actions
Defend and resolve class, collective, and multi-party claims on behalf of employers.
Defend employers in litigation brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) alleging discrimination and retaliation.
Represent employers in seeking or defending against injunctive relief under such agreements.
Represent employers in major OSHA litigation including cases involving willful citations, fatalities, warrant and citation proceedings, and whistleblower cases under OSHA 11(c). We litigate on behalf of employers in numerous industries including manufacturing, transportation, environmental, and construction.
Reductions in Force & Restructuring
Defend employers in employee downsizing litigation.
Wage & Hour
Defend employers in litigation brought under FLSA, claims of unpaid overtime pay, and employee misclassifications. We’ve successfully decertified numerous FLSA collective actions alleging unpaid overtime pay on behalf of employers in a variety of industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, transportation, and retail.
Defend employers in workers' compensation disputes, including state law retaliatory discharge actions.
Jury Trial Experience
In addition, our labor & employment team defends employers before juries. Our experience includes the defense of the first ADA case tried to a jury in Alabama and the leading case on reasonable accommodation. Our team has been involved in a variety of race and sex discrimination cases involving everything from simple misconduct to internet porn. Our attorneys also defend domestic automotive manufacturers as well as those from Europe and Asia.
- Speaking EngagementFranklin, Tennessee
- Articles / Publications
- ArticleThe National Labor Relations Board’s Return to So-Called “Micro-Bargaining-Units” and What it Could Mean for Employers
- Article“Is It Too Late To Implement Restrictive Covenants For My Current Employees?” StrategicCHRO360
- Firm News“EEOC Updates Mandatory Poster, Adds QR Code for Filing Charges,” HR Dive