Burr & Forman Promotes Attorneys To Partnership
Birmingham, Ala., January 4, 2016 - Burr & Forman LLP announces that the firm has elected ten attorneys to partnership, effective Jan. 1, 2016. The new partners include Birmingham-based attorneys Nancy Fouad-Carey, Justin H. Kelly, and James "Jay" H. Haithcock, III; Jackson-based attorney Christopher D. Meyer; Mobile-based attorney Sean P. Dudley, Nashville-based attorneys Joshua A. Ehrenfeld, J. Matthew Kroplin, and Zachary D. Miller; Orlando-based attorney Brian A. Watson; and Jacqueline Simms-Petredis of the firm's Tampa office.
"As we head into a new year, we are proud to welcome this group of attorneys into partnership in 2016," said Lee Thuston, managing partner of Burr & Forman. "Their professional goals align with the firm's standard of providing quality client service. These attorneys have worked hard to demonstrate dedication to their clients, the firm, and their communities. Their leadership will only continue to make the firm stronger as a whole."
From Burr & Forman's Birmingham office:
- Nancy Fouad-Carey is a member of the firm's Construction and Corporate practice groups where she represents clients in the construction, manufacturing, supply, and distribution industries. She has extensive experience in advising clients in these industries on a wide range of construction and commercial contracts and assists her clients in the formation and negotiation of such contracts.
- Justin H. Kelly represents various financial institutions against borrowers and insured in most financially related disputes as well as insurance companies that have been sued in contract disputes, bad faith actions, fraud and other disputes.
- James "Jay" H. Haithcock, III practices in the firm's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy practice group. He has represented creditors through all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings, including stay relief motions, enforcement of administrative claims, objections to plans and disclosure statements, consensual cram downs, motions to dismiss for bad faith, motions to value, discovery disputes, defending preference and fraudulent transfer actions, and objections to assumptions and/or assignments of executory contracts.
From Burr & Forman's Jackson office:
- Christopher D. Meyer focuses his practice on complex civil litigation matters is the areas of construction, commercial, real estate, and financial services, in jurisdictions throughout the Southeast. He represents clients both at the trial court level and on appeal in the state and federal courts of Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee, as well as before American Arbitration Association arbitrators.
From Burr & Forman's Mobile office:
- Sean P. Dudley is a member of the firm's Corporate & Tax and Banking & Real Estate groups, with an emphasis on mergers & acquisitions and commercial & corporate finance. He regularly represents buyers, sellers and targets in U.S. middle-market M&A and related corporate transactions, including stock and asset purchases, mergers, restructurings, capital raises and joint ventures.
From Burr & Forman's Nashville office:
- Joshua A. Ehrenfeld is a member of the Corporate and Tax practice group with a focus on domestic and international taxation, mergers & acquisitions, venture capital, early-stage and start-up companies, private equity and corporate finance. He advises clients worldwide on a wide-range of domestic and cross-border transactional and business-related issues.
- J. Matthew Kroplin is a member the Commercial Litigation & Health Care practice groups. His experience includes the representation of financial institutions and mortgage companies, health care companies, transportation companies, and other business entities and individuals regarding complex disputes and litigation, certificate of need applications and appeals, non-competes and trade secrets, mortgage and foreclosure litigation, healthcare litigation, transportation and cargo damage claims, product liability claims, and general business litigation and advice.
- Zachary D. Miller practices in the Financial Services Litigation group, where he defends financial institutions such as banks, mortgage lenders, credit card companies, auto finance companies and debt buyers/collectors in consumer lawsuits filed under various state and federal laws, including the Truth-in-Lending Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
From Burr & Forman's Orlando office:
- Brian A. Watson has experience representing issuers, financial institutions, underwriters and investors in connection with the public and private offering of municipal and corporate securities. He serves in the firm's Corporate & Tax, Lending, and Real Estate practice groups with a focus on public finance and assisting clients in matters such as formation of corporations, limited liability and partnerships, day-to-day operations, and contract negotiation.
From Burr & Forman's Tampa office:
- Jacqueline Simms-Petredis practices in the firm's Financial Services group with a focus on financial litigation and compliance. She assists clients in matters such as foreclosures, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, compliance issues and direct filed law suits. Her experience includes assisting clients with loan modifications, short sales, deed in lieu and other loss mitigation options.
About Burr & Forman LLP
For over a century, Burr & Forman LLP's experienced legal team has served clients with local, national, and international interests in numerous industry and practice areas, ranging from commercial litigation and class actions to corporate transactions, including bankruptcy and restructurings. A Southeast regional firm with nearly 300 attorneys and nine offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee, Burr & Forman attorneys draw from a diverse range of resources to help clients achieve their goals and address their complex legal needs. For more information, visit the firm's website at www.burr.com.
- (205) 458-5277
- (601) 709-3455
- (904) 232-7210
- (615) 724-3216
- (813) 367-5751