“I’ve dedicated my career to not only protecting my clients’ interests, but putting them at ease while doing so.”
Catherine’s specialty is mitigating risk and loss. She is skilled at preparing her clients for each legal hurdle and placing them in the best position to handle what comes next. Catherine represents clients of all sizes, from international companies to local businesses, throughout Alabama and Mississippi courts. Catherine focuses on complex personal injury, insurance, construction, transportation, products liability, business tort, and commercial litigation.
Catherine’s passion is providing practical and thorough guidance to her clients to make the logistics and strategy of litigation as comfortable as possible.
Catherine has substantial experience in the courtroom, and regularly handles mediations, depositions, inspections and expert issues. At trial, she has been commended for her “master class” cross-examination of opposing parties, displaying “a technique example of just how to control (and utterly discredit) a complicated plaintiff/injury claim.” Never one to shy away from difficult issues, Catherine is the first to jump in to assist clients with challenging matters.
Catherine grew up in Baldwin County. From the time she was a small child, she has loved the courthouse and legal community. Summers working at her father’s office and running pleadings to the clerk’s office, convinced her litigation was what she wanted to do. Catherine attended the University of Alabama, studying history, and went on to earn her J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law. Upon graduation, she served as law clerk for the Honorable Judge Roderick P. Stout of the 13th Judicial Circuit in Mobile, Alabama, and also interned for both the Honorable William H. Steele and the Honorable John H. England.
Outside the office, Catherine enjoys boating with her husband and two children on Mobile Bay. She loves giving back to her community and is proud to be General Counsel for the Board of Directors of the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce and active with the Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama. These experiences have allowed Catherine to be proximate to her community, helping her to hear and see things that are critical to her understanding of people and capacity to problem solve. Catherine works with a solution-focused perspective. She strives to assist her clients in resolving complex issues as promptly and smoothly as possible.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation since 2021
- Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama New Board Member of the Year (2021)
Professional & Community
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, General Counsel
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama, Board of Directors, Safety Chair
- Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Child Development Center, Past Board Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Alabama, Past Big Sister
- Mobile Bar Association Young Lawyers, Past President
- Connect Mobile, Class of 2016
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law (2013)
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Alabama (2010)
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Mississippi