David Santos assists clients in virtually all aspects of real estate transactions, both commercial and residential. David’s practice focuses on acquisitions and sales, financing, contracts and real property title disputes.
A Charleston native, David has represented clients of all types in the closing of real estate sales and acquisitions, as well as loan transactions for properties throughout South Carolina, but primarily in Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties. David’s practice regularly involves the drafting of contracts, easements and closing documents for complex transactions, including a multi-million dollar land acquisitions and refinances, as well as the acquisition of the operating assets and real property of a multi-location restaurant group.
David is actively involved in a number of professional associations and programs, including the Charleston County and South Carolina Bar Associations. David is deeply invested in his community, as a member of the Hibernian Society of Charleston and board member for his local parish Christ Our King – Stella Maris fundraising efforts. He also currently serves on the Board of Directors of the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame. David previously served as Board Chair of the Carolina Youth Development Center Board of Directors and has served on the board for the American Heart Association Go Red! Campaign here in Charleston.
He earned his undergraduate degree from the College of Charleston and his Juris Doctor from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University.
- Represented numerous individual clients and entities in the closing of real estate sales and purchases, as well as loan transactions, for properties throughout the State of South Carolina, but primarily in Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties.
- Reviewed, drafted and interpreted real estate contracts, leases and easements.
- Provided review, interpretation, and counsel to clients regarding conservation easements.
- Interaction on behalf of clients to obtain waivers or other approvals from historic foundations holding property rights or other interests involving real property.
- Represented clients in connection with contract negotiation, acquisition, financing, and disposition of numerous value-add sites and environmentally challenged sites.
- Represented clients to clear up real property title issues, including handling quiet title and partition actions for heirs property and conducting determination of heirs hearings in Probate Court.
- Successfully defended a landowner's title to real property at the trial and appellate levels.
- Handled assessment appeals for real property valuations.
- Licensed title insurance agent for numerous nationally recognized title insurance agencies.
- Negotiated and drafted contracts, easements and closing documents for numerous transactions, including a $20 million land acquisition.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2022-2023)
- Charleston Business Magazine, "Legal Elite," Residential Real Estate (2020)
- Chambers USA, "Recognized Practitioner," Real Estate (2019)
- Firm News
- Firm News
Professional & Community
- Past Board Member and Past Board Chair, Carolina Youth Development Center
- Member of Board Development Committee, Carolina Youth Development Center
- Member, Hibernian Society of Charleston
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Member, Charleston County Bar
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., Samford University Cumberland School of Law (2006)
- B.S., Biology, College of Charleston (2002)
- South Carolina