Jackie serves as Counsel in Burr & Forman's Tort Trial and Insurance practice group. She is a litigator specializing in the area of defense with more than 15 years of extensive trial experience.
Jackie’s practice has been primarily devoted to medical malpractice defense and health care. She most recently served as in-house counsel for an Alabama hospital system, where she managed hospital litigation, worked closely with hospital risk and patient management, regularly handled federal regulatory and JCAHO compliance issues, served as internal research review board advisory counsel, and dealt routinely with contractual services, physician issues, and quality assurance matters. She has worked extensively with local, state and federal health care industry regulation, including HIPAA, EMTALA, Medicare, Stark and Anti-Kickback legislation.
Prior to her work in-house, Jackie’s practice focused on medical malpractice defense. She has more than 15 years of trial experience defending doctors, hospitals, and corporations.
Honors & Recognitions
- "Birmingham's Top Attorneys," Birmingham Magazine (2009)
- "Most Prolific Attorney," Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter (2003)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Professional & Community
- Defense Research Institute (National Complex Medicine Seminar Program Co-Chair (2014); National Medical Liability and Health Care Law Seminar Program Chair (2013); National Medical Liability and Health Care Law Seminar Vice-Chair (2012))
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law (1999)
- B.A. summa cum laude, University of Alabama (1996)