Jake Rea is an associate in the firm's Corporate and Tax group. His practice focuses on estate planning, transactional matters, and business and tax planning.
Jake’s background includes experience in preparing wills, powers of attorney, trust agreements, and decanting documents. He has assisted with various transactions including leases, asset purchase agreements, and stock purchase agreements. Jake has also assisted with various aspects of business and tax planning to include formation of limited liability companies, professional associations and corporations, preparing stock restriction agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, by-laws, and contribution agreements.
Jake graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he served on the ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal and the Pro Bono Board. While at the University of South Carolina, Jake was a member of the John Belton O’Neal Inn of Court, and received several awards (including the G.G. Dowling Student Award). He received his Master of Laws in Tax from New York University School of Law. Jake is also a member of the American Bar Association and the South Carolina Bar Association.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates since 2021
- Greenville Business Magazine, "Legal Elite" Tax and Estate Planning (2020, 2021); Corporate Law, Mergers, and Acquisitions (2021)
- Speaking EngagementPalmera Inn and Suites, 12 Park Lane, Hilton Head, SC
Professional & Community
- Rotary Club of Greenville City Center
- Greenville Estate Planning Council, Director (2020-2022), Member (2016-present)
- SC Bar YLD Wills Clinic Committee, Co-Chair (2020-2021), Member (2016-present)
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Bar Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Section Council (2021-2024)
- LL.M., New York University School of Law (2016)
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law (2015)
- B.S., Business Management, Emory & Henry College (2010)
- B.A., Physical Education, Emory & Henry College (2010)
- South Carolina