Jeff Kamenetsky serves as Counsel in the firm’s IP Practice Group where he assists clients in all aspects of intellectual property, including patent prosecution, post-grant proceedings, trademarks, copyrights, and litigation. Jeff uses his experience as an electrical engineer for the United States Air Force and a manager in the technology industry to help companies safely navigate everything from license agreements to patent validity, and infringement. Approachable and responsive, Jeff makes personal connections with his clients that become the foundation of a trusting relationship.
Jeff’s practice also includes preparing license agreements regarding patents, trademarks, and copyrights; post-grant proceedings, including IPRs and reexamination proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB); comprehensive IP portfolio development and management; trademark and copyright application preparation, prosecution, and litigation; and trademark oppositions and intellectual property disputes. Jeff also manages his clients’ large trademark portfolios, including prosecution of U.S. trademark applications, coordination of foreign filings, and working with foreign counsel on trademark disputes.
Jeff bases his practice on his genuine desire to protect the intellectual property of his clients. He represents clients in all aspects of patent prosecution for various technologies, including Internet and database applications, software, cloud computing, web services, wireless telecommunications, e-commerce, mechanical-based inventions, computer networking, and medical devices.
When not practicing law, Jeff can be found writing poetry, reading, playing guitar, training in martial arts, cycling, swimming, or hiking a remote mountain trail.
Jeff earned his J.D. from Touro College, his M.B.A from Hofstra University, and B.S. from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, "Lawyer of the Year," Patent Law, Fort Lauderdale, FL (2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️ since 2008, Patent Law since 2011, Trademark Law since 2011.
- Named, Chambers USA, Intellectual Property (2020-2022)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2009-2014, 2019-2020)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, "Lawyer of the Year," Trademark Law, Fort Lauderdale, FL (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Florida Monthly Magazine, "Top Lawyers in Florida"
- Managing Intellectual Property, "IP Stars" List (2013-2014)
- EventTruist Park
- Washington DC
- Semicon ConferenceSan Francisco, CA
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingBoston, Massachusetts
- SEMDA (Southeastern Medical Device Association) Medtech ConferenceAlpharetta Georgia
- The Gin Join; Tampa, FL
Professional & Community
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida, Past President
- International Trademark Association
- The Florida Bar
- J.D., cum laude, Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center (1997)
- M.B.A., Hofstra University (1992)
- B.S., State University of New York at Stony Brook (1986)
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office