“Behind every issue, I see a person who I would like to help.”
Josh is an Associate in the firm’s Lending Practice Group where he works on both litigation and transactional matters. His practice also includes general litigation, corporate governance, bankruptcy, and non-profit work. Driven by a passion for advocating on the behalf of others, Josh enjoys proactively mitigating risk in order to protect clients and the investment they have made into their business. Attacking issues head-on, Josh fully engages clients and colleagues to generate ideas that lead to the best outcomes for clients.
Josh’s experience as an intern in the legal department of a shipbuilding company has given him the chance to participate in internal investigations and learn more about the industry, from labor and employment laws to admiralty and maritime. Giving every ounce of effort, Josh prepares and presents solutions that enable clients to find their way forward.
Away from the office, Josh enjoys getting outdoors and has an interest in the craft beer industry.
Josh earned his J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law and his B.S. from the University of South Alabama. Prior to joining Burr & Forman, Joshua was a legal extern for both the Honorable Jeffrey U. Beaverstock in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama and the Honorable Katharine M. Samson in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
Professional & Community
- University of South Alabama National Alumni Association
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Kappa Sigma Chapter Board of Trustees
- Higher Education Partnership Alumni Advocacy Ambassadors Committee
- Mobile Bar Association
- Baldwin County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Legal Practice Assistant
Letitia R. ("Tish") Askew
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Mississippi School of Law (2021)
- B.S., summa cum laude, Finance and Economics, University of South Alabama (2018)
- Alabama State Courts
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Alabama
- Florida State Courts