Keith Andress is a partner in the firm’s General Commercial Litigation practice group where he represents clients in complex commercial litigation and construction disputes. His broad experience includes breach-of-contract actions, business torts, and theft of trade secret matters.
Keith also defends financial institutions and loan servicers in litigation and represents builders, engineers, and suppliers in breach of contract and negligence construction cases. Keith was recently lead counsel in two TCPA trials where his clients both received judgment in their favor. He brings to Burr his prior experience working in insurance defense handling insurance coverage issues.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Keith obtained his CPA certificate and practiced public accounting at Ernst & Young. Because of his trial experience and CPA, Keith is often brought into cases to depose and cross examine the opposing party’s financial damages expert witnesses.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2011, Insurance Law since 2013, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants; since 2016, Construction Law since 2018, Construction Litigation and Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants since 2020, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Litigation - Banking and Finance, Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law since 2021
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation Defense (2012 – 2017); Real Estate (2018, 2019); Business Litigation (2020-2022)
- Member – American, Alabama, and Birmingham Bar Associations
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow – Trial Lawyer Honor Society, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow – Birmingham Bar Foundation
- Fellow – American Bar Foundation
Legal Practice Assistant
Yvonne W. Rudolph
- J.D., cum laude, University of Alabama School of Law (1994)
- B.A., Auburn University (1989)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit