Keith Waters is a seasoned real estate attorney with particular experience in the purchase and sale, development and financing of commercial real estate, residential subdivisions and condominiums.
Keith practices in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group focusing on real estate development, title insurance, commercial finance and banking, condominium and mortgage law.
Keith is a member of The Florida Bar and a member of the bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section. He is also a former president and board of directors member of the Central Florida Title Association.
Keith received his J.D. from the University of Florida in 1988 and his B.A. from the University of Central Florida in 1985.
Represented a publicly traded homebuilder on dozens of residential development projects from land acquisition through turnover to the homeowner association.
Part of a legal team providing ongoing assistance to one of the largest landowners in the State of Florida with the master planning, development, marketing and conveyance of nearly 30,000 acres of land located in portions of two counties, including the creation of joint ventures with developer entities, interaction with government agencies, initiating and maintaining relationships with elected and appointed officials, conveyance of development tracts, negotiation of rights of way, analysis and clearance of title and survey exceptions, property exchanges with governmental agencies, multiple agreements with local government and state agencies, and consideration and analysis of community development districts, sector plans, and independent special districts.
Handled the closing and issued the title insurance policy on the conveyance of land for a segment of an intrastate high speed rail system.
Closed and issued title insurance on the conveyance of land for a major interchange on the Beachline Expressway (S.R. 528) in Orange County, Florida.
Handled the construction financing of an elementary school and a middle school that included the temporary leasing of the elementary school to the school board.
Lead counsel on the creation and development of a luxury high-rise riverfront condominium with deep-water marina on a sovereignty submerged land lease from the State of Florida.
Represented a participating bank in the financing of the renovation of a historic landmark bank building, including the creation of an airspace easement for a pedestrian bridge over a public road.
Provided primary legal supervision for the development of over twenty (20) shopping centers for a national grocery chain, overseeing most projects from land acquisition to grand opening.
Professional & Community
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Bishop of the Goldenrod Ward (2004-2010)
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 81, Executive Officer (2004-2010)
- Orange County Communications Auxiliary (formerly Orange County ARES); General Class Amateur Radio (HAM) Licensee, Call Sign KI4ZTU
- "Voice of the Lady Wildcats," Winter Park High School Girls Lacrosse Team Announcer (2006-2010)
- Winter Park High School Girls Lacrosse Booster Club, Vice President (2007-2008)
- Lake Howell High School Girls Lacrosse Team, Announcer (2002-2005)
- Orlando Kayak Fishing Club
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Manchester and Liverpool, England, Full-Time Missionary (1981-1982)
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Completed coursework for Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator. Currently working on mentoring requirements.
- Former President of Central Florida Title Association