Kelsey is an Associate in the firm’s Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group.
Kelsey works with debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, and other interested parties in matters involving Chapter 11 bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, and related transactions. She also has experience in a variety of corporate matters, including business formations, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial lending.
Kelsey earned her J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and her B.S. in Legal Studies from the University of Central Florida. While in law school, Kelsey served as the Executive Forum Editor for the Florida Law Review and as the Special Events Chair for the Law Association for Women.
Prior to joining Burr & Forman, Kelsey was an associate in the financial restructuring and insolvency group at an international law firm. She also served as a Judicial Extern in the U.S. Middle District of Florida for The Honorable Virginia Covington, The Honorable Mark Pizzo, and The Honorable Caryl Delano.
- Representation of one of the largest youth organizations in the United States and one of the largest Scouting organizations in the world in its chapter 11 restructuring in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 cases of a leading automotive parts manufacturing company in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of a global producer and manufacturer of plastic components in the automotive industry in its chapter 11 cases.
- Speaking EngagementPresenter, CLE Presentation: "Universal Towers Construction: A Case Study in Subordination Under Section 510(b)," Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
Professional & Community
- Adult Literacy League – Board Member and Tutor
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law (2019)
- B.S., University of Central Florida (2015)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Florida