Michael Waskiewicz is a Partner in the firm’s Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group with a focus on representing secured and unsecured creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy cases. He also has represented bankruptcy trustees and served as debtors counsel.
Michael has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation. He assists clients in the areas of commercial loan litigation, contract disputes, and mortgage foreclosures. In addition, his practice includes dealing with lender liability defense and matters related to defaulted loan workouts and collection.
Michael also works with companies within the construction industry in construction defect, delay and disruption claims.
Michael’s background includes serving as an attorney for the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee, Douglas W. Neway in Jacksonville, Florida where he was responsible for handling all facets of Chapter 13 cases, including representing the Trustee’s office in adversary proceedings.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law since 2022, Litigation-Bankruptcy since 2023
- Florida Trend, "Legal Elite" (2017)
- Speaking EngagementPortland, Maine
- Speaking EngagementSawgrass Marriott; Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Speaking EngagementSawgrass Marriott Resort & Spa Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- Speaking EngagementPanel Moderator, 7th Annual Bank & Financial Institutions Special Assets Forum on Real Estate, C&I and SBA LoansRitz Carlton Fort Lauderdale; Fort Lauderdale, FL
Professional & Community
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board Member
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Speaker
- J.D., Widener University School of Law (2001)
- B.A., University of Buffalo (1998)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Arkansas