Paul Durdaller is a Partner in the Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy practice group where he represents financial institutions, committees, trustees, examiners, receivers, and other creditors in all aspects of creditors' rights. He has more than 25 years of experience focusing his practice on creditors' rights, bankruptcy proceedings, loan workouts and restructuring, troubled asset management and dispositions, and related commercial litigation. Paul also represents lenders in connection with the negotiating, structuring and documenting of various commercial loans including interest rate swaps, asset based loans and factoring transactions.
Paul’s vast litigation practice includes suits on notes and guaranties, receiverships, lender liability claims, participation disputes, writs of immediate possession, assignments for the benefit of creditors, personal property foreclosures including public and private sales, confirmation of real property foreclosure sales, deficiency suits, involuntary bankruptcy proceedings, avoidance and recovery of preferential and fraudulent transfers under the Bankruptcy Code and the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act, and suits to deny the discharge of indebtedness in bankruptcy cases.
He has successfully represented senior management committees in several bankruptcy cases including management’s $175 million acquisition of a large home health company in its bankruptcy case.
Paul services numerous industry sectors including, but not limited to, financial institutions, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, real estate, technology, franchise, and hospitality.
Following law school, Paul served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lamar W. Davis, Jr., Chief Bankruptcy judge for the Southern District of Georgia.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation - Banking and Finance, Atlanta, GA (2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® Litigation - Banking and Finance since 2017
- Georgia Trend, "Legal Elite" (2009-2012)
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights Law (2007)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- United States Law Week Award
- American Jurisprudence Award, Land Use Planning
- American Bar Association Award, Employment Discrimination
Professional & Community
- State Bar of Georgia, Bankruptcy Law Section, Creditors' Rights Section, Real Property Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law (1987)
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University (1979)
- School of Foreign Service
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Georgia