“I love the challenge of analyzing complex issues and the responsibility that comes with guiding clients toward better decision making.”
Peg Fox’s career as a regulatory lawyer allows her to advise and regularly represent the telecommunications, public utilities, and high-tech industries. She represents clients in a range of regulatory matters before the South Carolina Public Service Commission; in state circuit and appellate courts; and in FCC matters.
Having had career-long clients, Peg has found success by relying on logic and higher-level thinking to solve the toughest problems. With a background as an economist, Peg finds that the continually evolving landscape of the law in her chosen practice area fuels her passion for investigating all the interesting topics she encounters. Peg is relied on to go the extra mile to help clients navigate complex regulatory issues.
In addition to spending her free time with her family and hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Peg coaches a middle school mock trial team and participates in mock trial competitions with middle and high school students.
Peg earned her J.D. from the University of South Carolina and her M.A. and B.A. from the University of South Carolina. Prior to joining Burr, Peg served as a law clerk to the Honorable C. Tolbert Goolsby, Jr. at the SC Court of Appeals.
Honors & Recognitions
- South Carolina Bar 2022 LRE Lawyer of the Year
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Utilities Law since 2019, Corporate Law (2023)
- Research Editor, South Carolina Law Review, University of South Carolina School of Law (1991-1992)
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- Firm News
- Firm News
- Firm News
Professional & Community
- Attorney Coach, Blythewood Middle School Mock Trial Team (2005 - present)
- Board of Directors, Living Springs Lutheran Church Child Development Center (2014 - 2018)
- South Carolina Bar Association Law Related Education Committee (2010 - present); Chair (2018-2019); Chief Contributor and Editor, Mock Trial Coaches' Manual for Attorneys and Teachers (S.C. Bar)
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association
Legal Practice Assistant
Stephanie A. Castillo
- J.D., University of South Carolina (1992)
- M.A., Economics, University of South Carolina (1983)
- B.A., University of South Carolina (1981)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court - South Carolina