Richmond (Rick) C. Flowers is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. Rick focuses his practice primarily on commercial real estate where he represents various clients in real estate acquisitions and dispositions, real estate financing, real estate development, land use, commercial leasing, condominium, mobile home park (Chapter 723, Florida Statutes), and landlord/tenant matters throughout the State of Florida. He routinely represents financial institutions in documenting real estate and asset-based loans. Rick also has extensive experience in representing borrowers in connection with syndicated loans and buyers and sellers of shopping center developments around the country.
In addition to Rick’s real estate transactional experience, Rick has experience litigating matters related to breach of contract, collection, title insurance, easement dispute, franchise dispute, product liability, and maritime law matters. The majority of his commercial litigation experience relates to commercial real estate matters.
Rick graduated with a BSBA in Finance and Economics from the University of Florida, with Honors, in 1993, and obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Stetson University College of Law, cum laude, in 1996. While attending Stetson, Rick served as the Assistant Editor of the Stetson Law Review. In addition, he was a member of Phi Delta Phi, a Teaching Fellow for Federal Rules of Civil Procedure II, and earned spots on the Honor Roll and Dean’s List numerous times through his education.
At Florida, Rick was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma (National Business Honor Society), Omicron Delta Epsilon (National Economic Honor Society, and served on the Executive Board of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. For his involvement in Greek Life and his academic achievements, he was awarded the IFC Outstanding Scholarship and earned a place on the President’s Honor Roll.
In his free time, Rick loves supporting the Florida Gators’ Football and Basketball teams. He also enjoys diving and spearfishing.
Honors & Recognitions
- Stetson University College of Law (1996)
- Listed in Who's Who Among American Law Students (17th ed. 1997) Law School
- University of Florida
- IFC Outstanding Scholarship (1992)
Professional & Community
- Board of Director for the Tampa Bay SPCA (Oct 2019 - Oct 2021)
- Board of Director for the St. Pete Police Athletic League (2016 - Sep 2019)
- Board of Director for The Russell Foundation (2008 - Present)
- Leadership St. Pete Class of 2012
- Florida Bar Association
- Pinellas County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., cum laude, Stetson University College of Law (1996)
- B.S.B.A., with Honors, Finance and Economics, University of Florida (1993)
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida