Rita serves as counsel in the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group.
Prior to joining Burr & Forman, Rita served the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida for 18 years. Her various roles included Chief of General Litigation in the Office of General Counsel, Chief Counsel for the Duval County School Board, and Lead Criminal Staff Attorney. She also spent several years practicing in the private sector with Bedell, Dittmar, DeVault, Pillans, and Coxe.
Rita earned her J.D. with high honors, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While in law school, she was a member of the Trial Team where she competed in various trial competitions across the country. She also served as a Judicial Clerk in the Eighth Judicial Circuit.
Honors & Recognitions
- Order of the Coif
- Book Award, Trial Practice
Professional & Community
- Preschool Teacher, East Pointe Church
- Adjunct Professor, Florida Coastal School of Law, Trial Practice
- Volunteer Judge, Duval County Teen Court (2005-2007)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida School Board Attorneys Association
- Florida Association of County Attorneys
- J.D., High Honors, University of Florida Levin College of Law (2001)
- B.A., Honors, University of Florida (1998)
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida