Robert Widener's practice is limited primarily to state and federal appeals. He also assists in dispositive motion work in significant cases, as well as post-trial motions practice in cases that may be appealed. He joined the Burr Forman McNair Law Firm in 1994 after serving for seven years as a Staff Attorney and Deputy Chief Staff Attorney for the South Carolina Court of Appeals.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Appellate Practice since 2015, Commercial Litigation since 2021
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®: "Lawyer of the Year," Appellate Practice Columbia, SC (2021)
- National Deans List and Am. Jur. Awards, University of South Carolina School of Law
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- B.A., Amherst College
- cum laude
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court - South Carolina