Savannah is an Associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group. She advises clients on labor and employment matters and compliance with state, federal, and local employment laws, and also defends employers in employment litigation in multiple jurisdictions.
Savannah focuses on incorporating client business goals and industry particularities while preparing employee documentation such as handbooks, employment policies, and employment and compensation agreements, and creating proactive workforce solutions surrounding FLSA exemption strategies and wage structures, restrictive covenant issues, disability accommodations, and other personnel concerns to mitigate exposure.
Savannah also represents employers of all sizes before the EEOC, DOL, and state and federal courts on a wide variety of employment and business issues arising under the FLSA, Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, EPA, and state anti-discrimination, whistleblower, trade secret, breach of contract, and fraud laws. Savannah has obtained summary judgment and dismissals in multiple jurisdictions on Title VII and ADA claims, wage and hour claims, breach of contract claims, and ADEA claims raised against various corporate clients. She recently argued and obtained dismissal of wrongful termination claims based on an issue of first impression under Tennessee law regarding COVID masking and vaccination requirements.
Savannah graduated magna cum laude from The University of Tennessee College of Law, where she served as the Executive Editor for the Tennessee Law review and is a member of Order of the Coif. Prior to law school, Savannah attended the University of Tennessee Knoxville, where she earned her B.A. in Political Science and a minor in Economics as a member of the Chancellor’s Honors Program.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed, Mid-South Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor (2023)
- Speaking EngagementWorkplace Accommodations After COVID
- Articles / PublicationsNashville Business Journal
- Labor & Employment
Professional & Community
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Member of the Knoxville Bar Association
- Presents CLE courses with the National Business Institute, including on the employment relationship, employee handbooks, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims, and working with the EEOC.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, (2018)
- B.A., University of Tennessee (2015)