Spencer is an associate in the Atlanta office where he practices in the firm’s Corporate and Tax group. Spencer represents clients around the country in complex transactions pertaining to mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, finance, emerging company issues, commercial contracts and general corporate lifecycle events. Spencer also serves as outside general counsel to corporations and entrepreneurs, in industries including food and beverage, real estate development, and hospitality, providing legal support and collaborating with attorneys to deliver on the firm’s full service of practice areas.
In addition, Spencer’s background includes experience in government contracts and construction-related matters, general liability claims litigation, and defense of physicians, nurses, and healthcare entities. He previously served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Timothy C. Batten in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and as an intern to the Honorable Jacob A. Walker in the Lee County Circuit Court in Auburn, Alabama.
Spencer graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law with honors, where he served as Articles Editor of the Georgia Law Review. Spencer received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Auburn University.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Construction Law since 2023, Litigation - Construction since 2023
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction Litigation (2023)
Professional & Community
- Alzheimer's Association, Georgia Chapter, Member and Volunteer
- Community Action Center, Volunteer
- National High School Mock Trial Competition, Volunteer Judge (2017)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyer Association