Todd Vargo practices in the firm's litigation section providing trial and litigation services on a variety of matters. He is a member of the American board of Trial Advocates.
Todd focuses on product liability issues, nursing home/medical negligence, construction and industrial site injury claims, toxic/environmental torts, automotive and trucking claims, workers compensation, commercial disputes, and general personal injury. He has considerable trial experience litigating over 75 cases to a jury verdict.
- Retained in extensive number of nursing home cases concerning claims of insufficient care.
- Litigated many medical negligence and pharmacy claims.
- Retained in many product liability cases relating to claims of defective design, manufacture, and insufficient warnings. These products include industrial equipment and tools, pumps and related controls, appliances, mining and earth moving equipment and others.
- Retained in countless claimed construction defect cases and/or claimed OSHA violation resulting in personal injury.
- Retained in numerous trucking accident cases relating to claims of negligent driving, maintenance, and improper training and loading practices.
- Retained in numerous cases involving claims of automotive negligence and manufacturing defect.
- Successfully defended national manufacturing entity regarding mass tort toxic emission claims.
- Litigated over 150 workers compensation claims.
- Has been engaged in various commercial claims relating to pipe industry.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants since 2021, Personal Injury Litigation- Defendants since 2023
Professional & Community
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University
- Florida State University
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida