Bill Daniels is a commercial litigator with a heavy emphasis in construction and in economic development. In addition to resolving complex construction conflicts, he also assists in the pursuit of economic development activities and the refinement of project delivery methods to minimize performance, schedule, and financial risk.
From the courtroom to conflict zones, Bill has faced every imaginable challenge. An AV rated attorney, Army Ranger, DRI Construction Law Committee Chair for three years, lead construction claims counsel for a $5 billion industrial project (the largest single project ever built in the US), Best’s Alabama Construction Lawyer of the Year for 2017, Staff Judge Advocate for the Special Operations Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve (the Counter-ISIS mission) stationed in the Mid-East, his skill set and experience is diverse and varied. Refined by his experiences and defined by his accomplishments, his proudest professional achievement has been to attract and help develop a great team of coworkers with similar work ethics and a commitment to client service. Together, they “get results” on the national level.
- Represented general contractor in $1.2 million lawsuit over payment issues. Case resulted in reversal of adverse trial judgment and rendering of verdict in general contractor's favor.
- Represented Owner in suit brought by Contractor seeking over $12 million in alleged construction delays. Case resolved within ninety (90) days for fraction of the claim after early dispositive motion struck delay claims.
- Represented Owner in suit brought by Contractor seeking, in part, delay and impact damages over $8 million. Case resolved within sixty (60) days with dismissal of all delay and impact counts.
- Represented Owner in lawsuit seeking recovery for money spent remedying contractor defects. Contractor counter-claimed seeking recovery of alleged balance owed and for impact and delay claims. Court struck $11 million in claims within first 6 months of litigation.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation-Construction since 2009, Construction Law since 2021
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, "Lawyer of the Year," Construction Law, Mobile, AL (2022, 2024), Litigation-Construction, Mobile, AL (2018)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation (2016-2019)
- Alabama Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation (2008-2010, 2012-2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Articles / Publications
- Articles / Publications
Professional & Community
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel