Will is an associate in the firm’s Tort Trial, Insurance and Product Section (TIPS): Risk Mitigation and Complex Litigation group where his practice focuses on the defense of toxic tort, product liability, personal injury, and commercial litigation matters. In addition to his litigation practice, Will advises businesses across the country on labor and employment and general corporate matters. He is admitted to practice in both Alabama and South Carolina.
Will has significant experience representing individuals and businesses both in and out of the courtroom. As a result, he understands that the ability to break down complex legal issues and present them in a straightforward, storytelling manner is key to effective representation. Whether a multinational corporation, government agency, or local family-owned business, Will is committed to helping his clients navigate today’s uncertain legal landscape with steadfast and innovative advocacy.
- Represented domestic and international corporations in products liability actions across the Southeast.
- Obtained summary judgment for an independent contractor in multi-million-dollar wrongful death claim alleging defendant failed to properly maintain chemical drainage system which presented serious injury hazard.
- Defeated plaintiff’s writ of mandamus to the Alabama Supreme Court on whether trial court’s decision to grant defendant’s venue transfer was proper.
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability case alleging defendant failed to properly maintain business entrance and/or warn of fall hazard.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a neuro-surgeon accused of breach of contract and fraud after failing to obtain a residential mortgage.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a metal shop accused of negligently fabricating a replacement component part for an industrial baler which caused plaintiff serious injury.
- Obtained a favorable summary judgment ruling in a seven-figure construction dispute in Baldwin County, AL on behalf of a residential real estate developer client.
Honors & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star," Commercial Litigation (2022)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Professional & Community
- Phoenix Club of Birmingham
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association; Young Lawyers’ Section
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association; Young Lawyers’ Executive Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law (2018)
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Alabama (2015)
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Alabama
U.S. District Court - Middle District of Alabama
U.S. District Court - Southern District of Alabama
U.S. District Court - South Carolina
Alabama State Courts
South Carolina State Courts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit