At Burr & Forman, diversity is an important issue for one simple reason: a variety of opinions make our firm better; it helps us serve our clients more effectively. If our opinions are formed by our experiences, then we logically get a broader perspective, and a greater range of views when we add people from differing backgrounds. We recognize that our ability to serve our clients is strengthened by establishing a diverse workforce in which differences are accepted and valued on an inclusive basis.
Burr & Forman LLP desires to foster a multi-cultured atmosphere that provides a cooperative work environment where everyone is treated with mutual respect, trust and understanding, and where everyone can reach their full potential. The firm values the knowledge and talents of a multicultural team in order to meet and exceed individual and business goals, and client expectations.
Diverse Firm Leadership & Diversity Initiatives
In addition to our community involvement and efforts to recruit and hire diverse individuals, we have implemented initiatives with the goal to promote diverse leadership within our organization.
- To recruit and hire lawyers that are diverse in gender, race, disabilities, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- To promote qualified lawyers to equity partner status in keeping with the firm’s desire to have a diverse partnership.
- To encourage and support minority and women’s organizations and efforts related to the practice of law.
- Expand efforts to recruit diverse students in law schools with larger minority populations.
- Assign recruiting committee members and/or mentors to assist recruits and to encourage their acceptance of summer clerkships and associate positions in the Firm.
- Provide an assigned mentor for associates during their first two years of employment with the Firm and thereafter as needed.
- Include diverse attorneys in mentoring less experienced attorneys and students.
- Monitor allocation of work assignments and billable hours to encourage minorities, females and other diverse lawyers to be productive and to have equal access to top client matters.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Burr & Forman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Burr & Forman LLP to provide equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and/or employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.
It is the policy of Burr & Forman LLP to seek, employ, and advance in employment the best qualified persons, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of a position desired or held; or against an individual on the basis of a known disability of an individual with whom the qualified individual has a known relationship.