ABA 26th Annual National M&A Institute
Join Burr's George Taylor at the 26th Annual National M&A Institute, sponsored by the ABA Business Law Section’s M&A Committee.
Gain an in-depth perspective on negotiating business acquisitions that covers both fundamental and cutting-edge issues. Expert panelists include nationally known mergers & acquisitions attorneys from across the country who will discuss all facets of the acquisition process including:
- Techniques used in structuring and negotiating M&A deals
- The tax and securities law aspects of business acquisitions
- The methodologies utilized in valuing acquisition targets
- Special issues to be addressed where the buyer is a private equity sponsor
- Considerations when acquiring a publicly traded company
George will join other M&A thought leaders on an Asset Acquistion panel to explore the special considerations when buyers and sellers choose to structure their transaction as a purchase of assets, rather than as a stock purchase or a merger. They will address such matters as successor liability, stockholder approval, and fraudulent transfers, as well as the contentious issues that can arise when the assets being purchased comprise a separate division of the seller.
The ABA will seek 13.5 hours of CLE credit for this event.
To register, click here.