Brad Wright serves as the firm's Columbia Office Managing Partner and focuses his practice on governmental and corporate matters. He represents clients with legislative and regulatory issues before the South Carolina General Assembly, the Office of the Governor and state agencies, and drafts legislation and amendments for consideration by the South Carolina General Assembly.
Brad advises clients in the merger and acquisition of businesses including asset purchase and stock purchase transactions as well as assists clients with various corporate and transactional matters.
Brad also represents clients in legal proceedings in the South Carolina Supreme Court, the South Carolina Court of Appeals and Circuit Courts in South Carolina. His practice includes the representation of both public and private clients in cases involving complex issues including the constitutionality of Acts of the General Assembly.
Prior to joining Burr, Brad served in several roles for the South Carolina House of Representatives, most recently as general counsel and chief of staff to the Office of the Speaker of the House. His experience also includes service as legal counsel to the Judicial Merit Selection Commission, the House Rules Committee, the Ways and Means Committee, and the House Labor, Commerce and Industry Committee.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Government Relations Practice since 2021
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Leadership in Law Honoree (2021)
- Columbia Business Monthly, "Legal Elite" (2016); Government (2020)
Professional & Community
- Member, Eastminster Presbyterian Church
- Member, Columbia Rotary Club
- Board of Directors, Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, South Carolina Chamber of Commerce (2019 - present)
- Member, Midlands Business Leadership Group (2020 - present)
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Member, South Carolina Supreme Court
- Member, Richland County Bar Association