Doug Anderson is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate and Lending practice groups where he focuses on land use, zoning, development, and commercial lending.
Doug has more than 30 years of experience handling all aspects of real estate law from contracts and boundary line disputes to complex commercial transactions. He represents developers, purchasers, owners, and lenders in both transactional and development matters.
Doug previously served on the City of Mobile Planning Commission and is recognized as the authority on land use matters in Mobile. He currently serves as the attorney for the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment for the City of Mobile, as well as serves as general counsel to the Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Mobile, Inc. He is one of only 12 lawyers in the state of Alabama selected for membership in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL).
- Represented a national company in its development of an industrial site, including the establishment of a port, which totaled an investment of $90 million.
- Represented the nation's largest used car dealership in the acquisition and development of a new dealership.
- Represented an international steel company in the development of an industrial park on their site.
- Represented a publically traded company in its acquisition of a rail car repair facility.
- Represented a national lender in a construction loan and refinance of a beachfront restaurant which sat on four parcels in two states.
- Represented developer in a 17 parcel assemblage for a new Publix Grocery Store, assisting in the acquisition and rezoning of the entire tract.
- Acted as local counsel for borrower in a $1.2 billion refinance of its industrial facilities throughout the world.
- Obtained a $660,000.00 refund for an international steel manufacturing facility on an ad valorem tax appeal.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, Land Use and Zoning Law since 2016, Real Estate Law since 2010, Litigation - Real Estate since 2011, Commercial Finance Law since 2022
- Home Builders Association of Metro Mobile, E. L. Jones Hall of Fame Award
- Speaking EngagementThe Battle House Hotel; Mobile, AL
- Speaking EngagementMobile, AL
- The Roosevelt New Orleans; New Orleans, LA
- San Diego, CA
Professional & Community
- Senior Bowl Committee (Member; Committee Chairman)
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Past Senior Warden
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- Homebuilders Association of Metro Mobile
- Mobile Association of Realtors
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers