“Heather Jamison advises banks, landlords and businesses in matters relating to Chapter 11 bankruptcies, receivership actions and third-party liability issues.” –Chambers USA
Heather Jamison has a nationwide practice that involves a wide range of commercial lease and creditors’ rights issues, including the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases and related documents, as well as the litigation of commercial lease and creditors’ rights issues.
She is experienced representing clients in the retail, office, and industrial sectors, and she is focused on finding creative and practical solutions for landlord-tenant disputes.
Heather assists creditors and debtors in workouts, reorganizations, and bankruptcy, both in and out of state, federal, and bankruptcy courts. She regularly negotiates and drafts forbearance agreements, commercial leases, lease termination agreements, and related documents, including lease amendments and mortgages. She also conducts foreclosure sales, seeks the appointment of receivers, files and defends unlawful detainers, and files lawsuits to enforce clients’ rights under the relevant contractual documents, including collections.
She also has also represented commercial retail landlords in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases across the U.S.
Heather is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy groups.
Honors & Recognitions
- Named, Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2019, 2021-2022), "Up and Coming" (2016-2018)
- Alabama Gulf Coast Chapter Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Woman of the Year Nominee (2010)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️ Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation-Bankruptcy (2023)
- Speaking Engagement
- Speaking Engagement
- Speaking EngagementBrock School of Business at Samford University; Birmingham, AL
- San Diego, CA.
- Sandestin, FL
- JW Marriott Grande Lakes; Orlando, FL
- Articles / Publications
Professional & Community
- Birmingham Ultra Trail Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Turnaround Management Association
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University (2002)
- Master of Accountancy, Samford University (2002)
- B.A., Samford University (1999)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Courts of Alabama
- U.S. District Courts of Mississippi
- Alabama State Courts
- Mississippi State Courts