J. Long practices in the firm's general litigation group, focusing on real property, title insurance, securities, and financial services litigation.
J. is a member of the ABA TIPS Revenue Enhancement Committee and is the past Chair for the ABA Trial Insurance Litigation Committee.
He represents a variety of financial servicers and title insurance companies in coverage and real property disputes throughout the Southeast. His experience includes both trial and appellate matters involving security instruments and/or vesting deeds reformation, as well as priority disputes, access issue, missing interests, and boundary line litigation.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, Commercial Litigation since 2021
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star," General Litigation (2016-2018)
- Alabama Super Lawyers "Rising Star," General Litigation (2013-2015)
- Speaking EngagementGrapevine, TX
Professional & Community
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Alabama
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Eastern District of North Carolina