Jeff Baker practices in the firm's business section in the Real Estate and Lending Practice Groups with a concentration in the areas of real estate, banking, and commercial finance.
Jeff has a diverse real estate practice that includes representation of owners, lenders, landlords, and tenants in all aspects of real estate development, finance, and leasing, as well as real estate workouts and insolvencies. He devotes substantial time to the representation of nationally and regionally franchised restaurant operators in new store development, lease negotiations, sale-leasebacks, acquisitions, and dispositions. Jeff also has extensive experience in the development, leasing, and financing of both licensed and unlicensed healthcare properties. Recent projects have included an industrial brownfield redevelopment, correction of a broken condominium, sale of a large master-planned residential community, and the acquisition of a large hospital system.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, Real Estate Law since 2010, Litigation - Real Estate since 2021
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Litigation: Real Estate (2016)
Professional & Community
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School (1988)
- B.A., University of Alabama (1985)