“Any success I have as an attorney comes down to the art of listening. Hearing what my clients truly need enables me to deliver results efficiently.”
As a Partner in the firm’s Labor & Employment Litigation practice group, Jon defends state and federal employment, administrative, and litigation matters, as well as advises management on all aspects of employment law issues. Jon drafts, defends, and prosecutes restrictive covenant agreements and regularly litigates restrictive covenant, trade secret, fiduciary duty, and asset theft issues. Jon represents employers in regard to traditional labor disputes which includes union organizing, collective bargaining agreement negotiations, arbitrations, and unfair labor practice charges.
Jon believes it is the individuals he works with that make all the difference. Excited to help people solve their problems, he is driven to develop strategies and strategies for trials around the benefits he can deliver that will personally affect business owners and their employees.
Jon has given more than 60 professional presentations to various human resources, management, and attorney groups on a wide variety of Labor & Employment law topics including workplace harassment and discrimination, the FMLA, WARNA, the ADA, restrictive covenants, severance, discrimination, harassment, and workplace violence. In addition, Jon has been admitted to more than 30 jurisdictions across the country.
Away from the office, Jon spends time with his four children and enjoys boating, sailing, fishing, and hiking.
Jon earned his J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and his B.B. from Western Illinois University.
Honors & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Labor and Employment since 2022
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Labor & Employment (2008-2013, 2015)
- Speaking EngagementAtlanta, GA
- Speaking EngagementBurr & Forman; Nashville, TN
- Speaking EngagementHilton Garden Inn Suites Downtown; Nashville, TN
- Speaking EngagementBurr & Forman; Jacksonville, FL
- Articles / Publications
- Articles / Publications
Professional & Community
- North Point Community Church
- Coach/Assistant Coach for youth football, basketball and lacrosse for more than 20 youth teams
- Human Resources Management Association Labor & Employment Law Seminar
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- J.D. with honors, University of Florida Levin College of Law (1986)
- B.B. with honors, Western Illinois University (1982)
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals