Marc Solomon works in the firm's Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy and Litigation groups. His practice focuses on the representation of unsecured creditors' committees, corporate debtors of various sizes and of financial institutions, and trade creditors' in creditors' rights matters both in and outside of bankruptcy.
Recent engagements include representing a large automobile supplier in a successful Chapter 11 reorganization and of a trade creditor in the transfer of a large bankruptcy case from the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York to the Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Marc’s practice is national in scope and includes the representation of clients from various industries, including the automotive, retail and manufacturing industries in bankruptcy cases throughout the country. He is a member of the Alabama State Bar, the Georgia State Bar, the Birmingham Bar Association, and the American Bankruptcy Institute. He also serves as a member of the firm’s Recruiting and Technology Committees.
Marc received his B.A., summa cum laude, in 1999 from Gettysburg College, and his J.D. in 2002 from Duke University School of Law. During law school, he served as Articles Editor of Law & Contemporary Problems. Following law school, Marc served as a Judicial Clerk to The Honorable Inge P. Johnson, United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama in the 2002-03 term.
- Represented senior secured lender and major equity holder in successful Delaware prepackaged chapter 11 bankruptcy of oilfield servicer and ship builder/repairer.
- Representation of Tier 1 and Tier 2 automobile parts supplier and its 20+ affiliates in successful prepackaged bankruptcy filing.
- Counsel for grocery store chain with more than 60 locations in four states in chapter 11 bankruptcy filings.
- Represented individual and closely held landscaping company in successful reorganization of individual and company's debt in bankruptcy.
- Counsel for chain of automobile dealers with 13 locations throughout the country (which was, at the time, the largest Chevrolet dealer in the country) in their chapter 11 bankruptcy filings in Alabama.
- Representation of online and catalogue retailer of school supplies in successful chapter 11 reorganization.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2022-2023), Litigation - Bankruptcy (2022-2023)
- Named, Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2017-2022)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Bankruptcy: Business since 2018; "Rising Star," Bankruptcy: Business (2016-2017)
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, "Up and Coming" (2015-2016)
- Alabama Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2010, 2012-2015)
Professional & Community
- Alabama State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., Duke University School of Law (2002)
- B.A., summa cum laude, Gettysburg College (1999)
- All U.S. District Courts of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Middle District of Georgia