Phil Faires is an Associate in the firm’s General Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Phil has experience conducting intake interviews, reviewing case files, monitoring case status, and drafting motions and petitions. He has represented numerous organizations in the preparation, negotiation, acquisition and oversight of rights-of-way, temporary easements, license agreements, and leases for multiple projects throughout Appalachia. Phil also has experience in the real estate industry representing both buyers and sellers in the sale of property.
Phil Faires obtained his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law, where he also earned a certificate of concentration in Business Law. He was a member of the International Commercial Arbitration Team, Dispute Resolution Board, and Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, while also serving as a teaching assistant. During his time at Stetson University, Phil earned a spot on the 2022 Pro Bono Honor Roll. Phil obtained his Bachelor of Science from Ohio University and served in the U.S. Army and Ohio Army National Guard during that time.
When Phil is not practicing law, he can usually be found at his children’s soccer, softball, football, or baseball games. In addition, he likes to golf, play pickle ball, run, and spend time at the beach.
Honors & Recognitions
- Top 8 Worldwide Finish, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (2022-2023)
- 2022 Pro Bono Honor Roll, Inaugural Class, AALS, Stetson University College of Law (2023)
Professional & Community
- Assistant Coach, Trimble Local High School Football Team (2004-2020)
- Head Coach, East Guernsey Ball Association Girls Softball (2017-2020)
- Site Coordinator, Salvation Army Holiday Toy and Food Drive (2006-2010)
- Advanced Tax Prepaper, United Way Suncoast, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (2023)
- Certified Legal Intern/Volunteer, Jacksonville Area Legal Aid Immigration Unit (2022)
Legal Practice Assistant
- J.D., cum laude, Stetson University College of Law (2023)
- B.S., Ohio University (2012)