Rob joins Burr & Forman with over 10 years of in-house counsel experience with two of the nation’s largest real estate title insurers. In his role as a senior claims counsel, he managed a variety of matters, to include title claims, escrow disputes, defalcation, recoupment efforts, and direct suits against the insurer. As a senior litigation counsel, he worked with law firms across the country to develop initial case strategies and litigation budgets. He also served as regional claims manager with supervisory responsibility for title claims and other matters originating within several Southeastern states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Rob's practice expands to include consumer finance litigation where he has defended national lenders and servicers of residential mortgage loans in state and federal courts throughout Florida and worked on matters involving compliance with debt-collection laws.
After receiving his J.D. from Washington and Lee University School of Law, Rob served as a law clerk to the Honorable William P. Greene, Jr., Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. He received his B.A., cum laude, from The Citadel.
Honors & Recognitions
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court (Associate, 2008-2009)
Professional & Community
- Florida State Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- ABA Title Insurance Litigation Committee
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law (2004)
- B.A., cum laude, The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina (2001)
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida