Ron Cohn serves as a partner in the firm’s Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group. He has over 30 years of experience, concentrating his practice on commercial lender representation, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, commercial landlord/tenant litigation and commercial litigation. Ron’s clients are typically commercial creditors, such as major national, regional and local banks and institutional lenders, and secondary market investors, as well as local and national owners and operators of commercial shopping centers, office complexes and industrial spaces.
With an affinity for solving problems, Ron has a strong focus on efficiency and responsiveness, and on finding the best business resolution for his clients in every matter he and his team handle. Ron works closely with his clients and is honored to have continued to represent several of them now for over 30 years. He has gained a reputation for being one of the best in the state at handling special assets and commercial landlord/tenant matters, saving his clients time and money in the process.
Ron grew up around the legal profession, with his father, Prof. Sherman L. Cohn, having been a law professor at Georgetown University for over 50 years. When away from the office, Ron enjoys exercising, cycling, the Tampa Bay Lightning and attending concerts.
Ron grew up in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., and earned his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Honors & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Bankruptcy since 2022
- JW Marriott Grande Lakes; Orlando, FL
- Articles / Publications
Professional & Community
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court, Charter Member (1993-Present)
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court, Master of the Inn (1993-Present)
- Tampa Ferguson-White Inn of Court, Charter Member (1987-Present)
- Tampa Ferguson-White Inn of Court, Master of the Inn (1996-Present)
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center (1984)
- B.A., University of Maryland, College Park (1981)
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court