Ryan Gentry primarily practices in the area of public finance with a concentration on compliance with federal and state securities registration and disclosure requirements. He regularly represents municipalities, counties, school districts and other political subdivisions as bond and disclosure counsel.
Ryan also practices in the areas of commercial real estate and general corporate matters. In connection with his real estate practice, he represents commercial and industrial developers in the purchase, sale and leasing of properties. In his general corporate practice, Ryan represents numerous business entities including corporations, non-profit corporations, limited liability companies, and limited and general partnerships in their formation, organization, licensing, merger, dissolution and reorganization.
- Represented more than 30 governmental issuers in satisfying and managing their continuing disclosure obligations with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA).
- Represented school district in connection with the release of school-owned property from liens imposed by previous bond issuances.
- Represented municipal issuer in connection with the extension of bonds' maturity dates.
- Represented multiple governmental issuers in the preparation of offering documents relating to the issuance of public debt.
- Represented municipal finance underwriters in applicable filing requirements and exemptions available with each U.S. jurisdiction.
- Represented U.S. corporation in connection with the issuance of convertible bonds to foreign investors.
- Represented resort developer in the sale of its time-share interests in two South Carolina projects.
- Represented county government in connection with the dedication of roads within a large subdivision.
- Represented bank in connection with the sale of bank-owned properties.
- Represented telecommunication provider concerning stock and asset purchases of other telecommunication provider.
- Represented real-estate developer regarding the organization and zoning of a subdivision.
Professional & Community
- University of South Carolina Alumni Association, Richland and Lexington Counties Chapter, Board Member (2011-2017)
- United Way of the Midlands Workplace Campaign, Leader (2007-present)
- Larry E. Gentry Memorial Golf Tournament/Scholarship, Organizing Committee (2005-present)
- United Way of the Midlands, Young Leaders Society
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2014
- South Carolina Bar Association