Tully Hazell is a Partner in the firm's Transactional Group based in our Atlanta office. His practice concentrates on all aspects of negotiated transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings, private equity and venture capital transactions, real estate development, joint ventures and multi-member LLCs, entity and tax planning, non-public securities offerings, technology and IP, distribution networks, and executive employment arrangements.
He has also counseled special committees of Board of Directors of various public and non-public entities on confidential matters. He serves as Principal Attorney to numerous privately held “middle-market” companies with revenues in the $5M to $200M range, and also advises several U.S. affiliates of entities based outside the US.
Tully is a native of New Orleans, Louisiana, with roots to Missouri including his grandfather, Don Faurot, for which the University of Missouri football field has been dedicated. While in law school, Tully was a member of the George Washington University Law Review.
Tully lives with his wife, Julie, in the Midtown area of Atlanta. He is active in a variety of community activities, including efforts for APS (the Atlanta Public School system) and pro bono legal activities.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2022-2023), Mergers and Acquisition Law, Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law (2023)
- Chambers USA, Recognised Practitioner in Corporate & Tax (2018)
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Corporate & Tax (2016, 2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
Professional & Community
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- J.D., with honors, George Washington University School of Law School (1985)
- B.A. and B.S., with honors, University of Colorado (1982)