Walter Nester's practice involves commercial business and real estate development and financing, including municipal, zoning, and condominium law, representing owners and developers before municipal boards, commissions and councils, and commercial leasing.
Walter has extensive experience managing complex zoning and development issues with government boards, agencies and municipalities. In connection with this work, Walter’s practice also involves formation of business ownership entities, as well as representation of lenders and borrowers for commercial and development loans, loan workouts and loan acquisition. Walter serves as general counsel to various large planned and club community owners’ associations and has considerable experience in the drafting, interpretation and enforcement of covenants and restrictions and applicable governing documents.
A Connecticut native, Walter is a graduate civil engineer and former Captain in the United States Marine Corps.
- Negotiation and drafting of Development Agreement and Master Plan for national retail outlet center involving first LEED certified commercial renovation project in Beaufort County
- General counsel to numerous community owners' associations
- Acquisition and financing of resort, resort operations, boat fleet and assets, including property, two golf courses, equestrian and other amenities and property
- Purchase and sale of various private utility companies
- Acquisition, financing and development of 140 acre parcel, Jasper County, SC, for commercial development
- Acquisition and construction financing for commercial condominium development on Hilton Head Island
- Acquisition and financing of membership interests in the developer entity involving 130 acres unimproved real estate and development rights and agreements
- Acquisition and financing for the renovation of a shopping center on Hilton Head Island
- Articles / Publications
Professional & Community
- Board of Directors, Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance
- Board of Directors, Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Town of Bluffton Don Ryan Center for Innovation
- Member-Rotary Club of Bluffton
- Legal Counsel to Hilton Head Area Association of Realtors
- Legal Counsel to Mitchelville Preservation Project Board of Directions
- Legal Counsel to Historic Bluffton Seafood and Arts Festival Board of Directors
- South Carolina Fee Resolution Dispute Board Member