Burr & Forman Elevates Eight Attorneys to Partnership
The new partners include Birmingham-based attorneys Michael J. Clemmer, Kelli Carpenter Fleming and Donald M. Warren; John M. Lassiter, Jackson, Miss.; John P. Browning and Bess M. Parrish Creswell of the firm's Mobile, Ala. office; and from Orlando, Ben Shoemaker and Peter C. Vilmos.
"We are proud to welcome these eight attorneys into our partnership in 2013," said Lee Thuston, managing partner of Burr & Forman. "Each of these individuals has demonstrated immense dedication to their clients, local communities and to our firm. We are certain they will continue to provide Burr & Forman with the leadership necessary to continue our client-focused advocacy in the years to come."
From Burr & Forman's Birmingham office:
- Michael J. Clemmer, a member of the firm's Financial Services Litigation group, focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, with particular emphasis in consumer finance transactions, insurance coverage and class action matters at the trial and appellate levels.
- Kelli Carpenter Fleming counsels clients with an array of health care related legal matters. She represents hospitals, surgery centers, physician practices, diagnostic centers, and home health and hospice agencies.
- Donald M. Warren represents lenders and other creditors in the middle and large corporate markets, as well as borrowers, purchasers and real estate developers.
From Burr & Forman's Jackson office:
- John M. Lassiter represents clients in a wide variety of corporate litigation matters. His primary experience is in construction litigation for high-end commercial and industrial owners and general contractors. In addition, Lassiter defends banks and other major financial corporations, insurance companies, railroad companies and retailers in courts throughout the region.
From Burr & Forman's Mobile office:
- John P. Browning is known for his extensive trial experience in a wide variety of areas. He has had the opportunity to try more than 20 jury trials, dozens of bench trials, and participate in alternative dispute resolution.
- Bess M. Parrish Creswell is part of the firm's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy practice group. In addition to representing debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, committees and fiduciaries in complex bankruptcy cases, she advises clients in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings, including with regard to preference claims, fraudulent transfers, bankruptcy sales and other litigation matters.
From Burr & Forman's Orlando office:
- Peter C. Vilmos is a Florida Bar Board Certified Construction attorney. His practice involves complex commercial litigation with issues ranging from construction related matters to business and banking disputes, first party insurance matters, environmental, health care, non-compete and trade secrets litigation, and real estate issues.