With a common sense approach, Donald assists lenders and other creditors with commercial lending transactions ranging from loan closings to the enforcement of various aspects of creditor's rights, including, workouts, forbearance arrangements, foreclosures, repossessions and dispositions and receiverships. Donald also represents purchasers and developers in the acquisition and development of commercial mixed-use projects and residential developments.
Donald practices in the Birmingham Office in the Real Estate and Lending and Creditor’s Rights Practice Groups. He is licensed in both Georgia and Alabama, and routinely represents lenders and other creditors in the middle and large corporate markets, as well as borrowers, purchasers and real estate developers.
Donald’s experience includes working with lenders on various financing transactions that include mixed-use construction loans, timberland loans, equipment loans and refinancings. In representing creditors with non or under-performing credit facilities, Donald assists such creditors with workouts, restructures, forbearance arrangements, foreclosures, receiverships, management and disposition of REO and deficiency actions. Donald also represents sellers in conveying commercial and residential development property, as well as purchasers and developers in the acquisition and development of commercial mixed-use projects and residential developments.
- Represented developer in acquiring, subdividing and implementing uniform restrictive covenants for multiple commercial and residential developments.
- Represented lender in the workout of a $26M condominium development in Naples, Florida to negotiate a collateral release and restructure of the underlying credit facility.
- Represented lender in a construction loan facility for a large mixed-use development comprised of street-level retail space and multifamily rental units.
- Represented purchaser in a $75M multi-state timberland acquisition.
- Represented lender in the repossession and disposition of construction equipment collateral for an equipment loan facility and assisted lender in the pursuit of a deficiency judgment against such debtor.
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®️, Real Estate Law since 2023
Professional & Community
- Managing Editor, Arkansas Law Review
- Pro Bono Services for Local Birmingham Homeless Shelters
- North Shelby Baptist Church in Birmingham, Deacon and Member of Various Committees
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia State Bar
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law (2004-2006)
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of West Georgia (1999-2002)
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Alabama