Burr & Forman Elevates Nine Attorneys to Partnership
Birmingham, Ala., Jan. 3, 2017 - Burr & Forman LLP announces the election of nine attorneys to partnership, effective January 1. The new partners include Atlanta attorney Jennifer Ziemann; Birmingham attorneys Ryan Hebson, Ingu Hwang, Anthony Romano, Trent Scofield, Matthew Scully and Megan Stephens; Mobile attorney Robert Matthews; and Tampa attorney Ryan Corbett.
"We are always excited to welcome a new group to partnership each year. These deserving attorneys reflect commitment to client service, the legal profession and the industries we serve" said Lee Thuston, managing partner of Burr & Forman. "They have worked hard to achieve this milestone and I know they will continue to demonstrate leadership in their new role as Partner.
From Burr & Forman's Atlanta office:
- Jennifer Ziemann is a member of the Financial Services group, and she defends banks and mortgage companies in civil litigation matters.
From Burr & Forman's Birmingham office:
- Ryan Hebson is a member of the Financial Services Litigation group. His primary practice focuses on consumer financial services litigation, counseling clients in both individual and class/mass actions involving a wide array of state common law and statutory claims, as well as alleged violations of federal statutes.
- Ingu Hwang practices in the Labor & Employment group where he counsels auto manufacturers and suppliers in litigation matters. Prior to attending law school, Hwang worked in the legal department of Hyundai Motor Company in South Korea.
- Anthony Romano practices in the Corporate and Tax group assisting clients in forming business entities, providing advice on day-to-day legal issues, drafting and reviewing, and helping clients grow, sell or restructure their business through mergers and acquisitions.
- Trent Scofield is a member of the Labor & Employment group, where his focus is on traditional labor matters and employee discrimination litigation. He counsels clients in addressing the ever-changing landscape of workplace law. Scofield has represented employers in nationwide Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective actions, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) proceedings, federal employment litigation, as well as state court wrongful discharge and neutral third-party arbitration proceedings.
- Matthew Scully is a member of the Labor & Employment group, counseling management in litigation and advising clients concerning all aspects of employment law, including workplace investigations, disciplinary actions, employment policies and managing leave.
- Megan Stephens is a member of the Financial Services Litigation group where she defends financial institutions, credit card and mortgage companies in state and federal courts across the country as well as in arbitrations.
From Burr & Forman's Mobile office:
- Robert Matthews practices in the Real Estate and Lending groups, representing financial institutions, privately owned companies and municipalities in a complete range of real estate and financial transactions. Matthews focuses on a wide variety of dealings, including commercial and industrial real estate, entity formation, liquidations, acquisitions, financing and internal governance.
From Burr & Forman's Tampa office:
- Ryan Corbett practices in the Corporate and Tax group focusing on intellectual property. He counsels clients in patent litigation, patent prosecution and trademark matters. He serves large, public companies and small startups in obtaining patent protection from the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, defending patent infringement cases and enforcing patent rights.
Burr & Forman's experienced legal team serves clients with local, national, and international legal needs. With particular industry strengths in the financial institutions, health care and manufacturing sectors, the firm's attorneys draw from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience to serve as trusted business advisors and legal counsel to help clients achieve their goals. Burr & Forman is a Southeast, regional firm with nearly 300 attorneys and 11 offices in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee. For more information, visit the firm's website at www.burr.com.